Acorn Inc.’s roots reach back to 1945, when Italian stone carver Constantino Ricciardi opened a granite company with his sons. The firm later expanded its services to include on-site masonry restoration, specializing in historic buildings, and worked on many significant projects including the Quincy Market buildings in Boston.
The company evolved into a well-respected development group under the leadership of Constantino’s son Paul and an extended family of employees, including siblings, sons, and grandchildren.
Through its development projects, Acorn established a reputation for becoming an ally of the communities in which it operated, using local subcontractors, engineers and attorneys to represent the firm.
In recent years, Constantino’s Grandson, Stephen, grew the company and successfully completed many projects, including the historic renovation of several mill buildings in New Bedford, Massachusetts, into luxury loft residences. One of these conversions was the former headquarters of the Wamsutta Mills, the 150 year-old company famous for inventing and producing the finest cotton percale sheets.
Today, under the leadership of several family members and experienced staff, Acorn continues to develop, construct and manage properties throughout New England. We bring our personal and professional approach to the whole of the development process, with an emphasis on local relationships.
Acorn, Inc. employs over 30 dedicated staff who develop and maintain our properties.
Chief Executive Officer
Quentin was appointed CEO of Acorn in 2015. He has worked at the company for more than a decade and has experience in every aspect of its work, including leading construction teams, assisting in project selection, managing delicate zoning and permitting processes, overseeing complex financing, and introducing and managing Acorn’s successful solar installations. Quentin has served the company as Vice President for Development for the last several years. After 12 years at Milton Academy, Quentin graduated with a BA from Franklin and Marshall College.
Chief Financial Officer
Rick joined Acorn as CFO in 2014. He brings to the position more than twenty-five years of experience in banking and real estate accounting through leadership positions at Citizens Bank, BNY Mellon and, most recently, eight years as Chief Accounting Officer at DSF Advisors. Rick holds a Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance from the University of Notre Dame and an MBA from the University of Houston.
Tim joined Acorn as VP Development in 2018 to focus on new investment opportunities in the mixed use and multifamily market. He brings over twenty-five years of real estate investment experience. Tim has underwritten over a billion dollars in real estate investments with the New Boston Fund and Koda Ventures, and his presence gives the company a broad experience base from to grow the portfolio. He is a Graduate of Boston College Carroll School of Management and the University of Louvain International Studies Program.
Kristina joined Acorn in 2010 as a leasing agent. She was promoted to the position of Regional Manager in 2016. Before she was with Acorn, Kristina worked as a MA Real Estate Sales Associate and Broker’s Assistant for 5 years. Her time as a real estate agent and in the property management field has granted her a vast knowledge of the real estate world and customer/client relations. Kristina graduated from the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth with a Bachelor of Science in Operations Management and minors in both International Business and Economics.
Some highlights from our press coverage in recent years:
- Acorn Inc wins 2018 APEX Small Business of the Year award (June 2018)
- Acorn Inc is a top 3 finalist for APEX Small Business of the Year award (April 2017)
- Acorn sponsors NBAM’s Fiber Month (March 2017)
- Acorn Management Eyeing Future Growth in New Bedford (June, 2016)
- Acorn, Inc. Specializes in Large Scale, Market Rate Adaptive Reuse Projects (May, 2016)
- New England Real Estate Journal: Quentin Ricciardi Named CEO of Acorn Management (June, 2015)
- The Patriot Ledger: CEO of Quincy Company Builds for the Future (May, 2015)
- South Coast Today: New Bedford is “Open for Business” (October, 2014)
- Waterfront Historic Area League: WHALE Honors Inspiring Preservation Projects and Preservation Heroes (May, 2014)
- South Coast Today: Riverbank Lofts Preserve History, Provide Housing in New Bedford (January, 2014)
- New England Real Estate Journal: Acorn Management Completes 250,00 s/f Mill Conversion known as Riverbank Lofts (August, 2014)
- South Coast Today: Late Developer Ricciardi Impressed New Bedford: (November, 2012)
- South Coast Today: Victoria Riverside Lofts Done; Developer has plans for nearby Cliftex Building (April, 2011)